First time out? Here’s what you need to get going:
- Handgun – Your pistol needs to be 9mm or higher caliber, revolvers need to be .38 or higher.
- Magazines – Make sure you bring enough magazines to get you through a thirty round stage or at least 3 or 4. This can vary based on your “Division” so be sure to check out the USPSA website for more details!
- Holster – Bring a standard Belt holster that covers the trigger guard while the handgun is holstered or resting in it.
- Ammo – Commonly referred to as “BB’s”, you will need about 200 (rounds) to get through one of our normal club matches. The same can be said for most other matches around the area. MAKE SURE TO BRING THE RIGHT AMMO FOR YOUR GUN!!!!
- Protection – You will not be allowed to participate in a match if you do not bring appropriate Hearing and Eye protection. Please do not compromise when it comes to safety. Make sure you have good quality ear muffs/plugs and eye wear before coming out to play!
Lastly… Memorize these basic rules and put them into practice! We’ll teach you
the rest when you come out and join us!!!
ALWAYS treat your gun as if it is LOADED
ALWAYS keep your gun pointed in a safe direction
ALWAYS keep your fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot
ALWAYS keep your gun UNLOADED until ready to shoot